Our Designated Child Protection team consists of Mrs Georgiou who is the Lead Designated Child Protection Officer and Mrs Kirkpatrick who is Deputy Designated Child Protection Officer.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
**CONFIRMATION OF SAFEGUARDING CHECKS ON STAFF/WORKERS**
Eversley School ensures that all relevant pre-employment checks are carried out on employees and workers engaged directly. In particular, the following specific safeguarding checks are carried out:
- All employees/workers appointed/engaged prior to March 2002 (and with no subsequent change to their employment arrangement requiring a further check) have been subject to a check against List 99; additionally, those appointed between 1989 and March 2002 would have been subject to a satisfactory police check;
- All employees/workers appointed/engaged since March 2002 have been subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check. This check included a check against List 99;
- All employees/workers appointed/engaged since 12th October 2009 have been subject to a satisfactory Enhanced CRB check, including a check against List 99/Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) Barred List;
- All employees/workers appointed/engaged since 1st December 2012 have been subject to a satisfactory Enhanced with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Eversley Primary School also ensures that relevant employees, and workers engaged directly are not disqualified under the Childcare Act 2006 and the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009 from:
- Early Years provision – providing any care (inc. education) for a child up to and including reception age (from birth to 1st September following the child’s 5th birthday);
- Later Years provision – working in childcare provided by the school outside of school hours for children who are above reception age but who have not attained the age of 8.
- Management of any of the above provision.
Such employees and workers are required to sign an annual declaration to confirm that there has been no change to their criminal record and that they are not disqualified under the Childcare Disqualification Regulations.
Unsupervised, regular volunteers are also subject to the above safeguarding checks.
Supervised, regular volunteers are subject to the above safeguarding checks, with the current exception of the Children’s Barred List check.
All school staff and workers engaged directly are issued with photographic School ID.
As appropriate, visitors to the school are asked to provide Photographic ID wherever possible.
Third party organisations deploying staff or workers to the school are required to provide confirmation that pre-employment and safeguarding checks relevant to the role have been carried out.
Please click on the link below to view the Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy and the COVID-19 school closure arrangements for Safeguarding and Child Protection:-
Please click here to view our Computer & Digital Device Use Agreement.