Starting School – Reception September 2022
One of the best ways to get to know a school is to visit. However, due to Covid-19 we are unable to host visits to the school during this current time. We are however delighted to be able to share with you a live virtual tour and Q&A session where you will be able to explore what it’s like at our school, and will give you the opportunity to ask any questions you have about the school. If you would like to book a session, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a link to join the session via Microsoft Teams. Please let us know which session you would like to join:
Thursday 30th September at 9.30am to 10.30am
Thursday 14th October at 9.30am to 10.30am
Thursday 4th November at 9.30am to 10.30am
Thursday 18th November at 9.30am to 10.30am
Thursday 2nd December at 9.30am to 10.30am
Our school prospectus gives parents/carers an overview of the school, and is available via the link. In addition, please see Reception Applications for September 2022 which provides advice and guidance on applying for a place in Reception.
Children start primary school at the beginning of the academic year during which they turn five. At Eversley we admit 90 children to Reception each September (30 children per class), and all applications are processed by Enfield Schools Admission Service who are based at the Civic Centre in Enfield.
Eversley is committed to inclusive learning for all. Inclusive education means that where possible we will offer a place to all local children who wish to come to the school so long as we are able to meet their needs.
If your child was born between 1st September 2017 and 31st August 2018 you will need to apply for a Reception place starting in September 2022. You will be able to access the online portal at www.eadmissions.org.uk from September 2021 to register and complete an online application for Primary School. The closing date is 15th January 2022.
The ESAS provides an information booklet, which will be available to view on line at www.enfield.gov.uk/admissions from the 1st October 2021.
Online applicants will be able to find out the result of their application on the evening of 16th April 2022.
If you are applying under the sibling criteria, remember to state on the application that your child has a brother or sister already attending Eversley Primary School.
Induction and Admission Procedures:
- Weekly tours around the school, during term time, for prospective parents
- School will liaise with nurseries and pre-school providers
- Pre-School Sessions in the Summer term prior to starting school
- Home visits from the class teacher and teaching assistant in September, prior to starting school
- Staggered intake
- Stay and Play session in September, prior to starting school
- Completion of a ‘Starting School’ booklet
Casual Admissions (In-Year Admissions)
Children admitted into school other than at the beginning of Reception or during the school year will still need to apply through the Enfield Schools Admission Service. The Local Authority keep a waiting list of children who wish to join Eversley, in all year groups, and will contact parents if places become available during the year. Once a place has been offered the school will arrange an individual induction to Eversley.
Enfield Schools Admission Services
For detailed information on school admission procedures and information for parents, please visit the ESAS website at www.enfield.gov.uk/admissions
Additional information is also available from the London Borough of Enfield with regard to:
- Aids to pupils e.g. free school meals, and the circumstances under which travel passes may be issued
- How parents should apply for admissions to schools
- Admissions to schools outside the London Borough of Enfield
- How to appeal against a placement which is not acceptable
- Arrangements for transfers between schools
- The policy of the Authority with regard to pupils bringing food and drink to school
- How to obtain advice regarding special education
- The LA’s approved arrangements for considering complaints against the curriculum
The Director of Education
PO Box 56
Telephone: 020 8366 6565