Our school prospectus gives parents/carers an overview of the school. In addition, please see Reception Applications for September 2021 which provides advice and guidance on applying for a place in Reception.
Children start primary school at the beginning of the academic year during which they turn five. At Eversley we admit 90 children to Reception each September, and all applications are processed by Enfield Schools Admission Service who are based at the Civic Centre in Enfield.
Eversley is committed to inclusive learning for all. Inclusive education means that where possible we will offer a place to all local children who wish to come to the school so long as we are able to meet their needs.
Parent Tours – We are always pleased to welcome prospective families
When applying for your Primary School place, we would always encourage you to visit the school prior to your application.
However, due to the current pandemic, we are not able to offer parent tours at present.
Starting School – Reception September 2021
If your child was born between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017 you will need to apply for a Reception place for September 2021. The Information booklet will be available to view on line at www.enfield.gov.uk/admissions from the 1st October 2020.
You will be able to access the online portal at www.eadmissions.org.uk from September 2020 to register and complete an online application for primary school, for a reception place in September 2021. The closing date is 15th January 2021.
Online applicants will be able to find out the result of their application after 7pm on the evening of 16th April 2021.
If you are applying under the sibling criteria, remember to state on the application that your child has a brother or sister already attending Eversley Primary School.
Induction and Admission Procedures:
- Weekly tours around the school, during term time, for prospective parents
- School will liaise with nurseries and pre-school providers
- ‘Pre-School Sessions’ in the Summer term prior to starting school
- Home visits from the class teacher and teaching assistant in September, prior to starting school
- Staggered intake
- ‘Stay and Play’ session in September, prior to starting school
- Completion of a ‘Starting School’ booklet
More details regarding the induction process for new reception children can be found in our Parent Handbook, a copy of which is given to all parents when you visit the school.
Children admitted into school other than at the beginning of Reception or during the school year will still need to apply through the Enfield Schools Admission Service. The Local Authority keep a waiting list of children who wish to join Eversley, in all year groups, and will contact parents if places become available during the year. Once a place has been offered the school will arrange an individual induction to Eversley.
Enfield Schools Admission Services
For detailed information on school admission procedures and information for parents, please visit the ESAS website at www.enfield.gov.uk/admissions
Additional information is also available from the London Borough of Enfield with regard to:
- Aids to pupils e.g. free school meals, and the circumstances under which travel passes may be issued
- How parents should apply for admissions to schools
- Admissions to schools outside the London Borough of Enfield
- How to appeal against a placement which is not acceptable
- Arrangements for transfers between schools
- The policy of the Authority with regard to pupils bringing food and drink to school
- How to obtain advice regarding special education
- The LA’s approved arrangements for considering complaints against the curriculum
The Director of Education
PO Box 56
Telephone: 020 8366 6565