- The Parent/Carer will need to come into school to complete and sign the relevant disclaimer form supplying details of dosage etc.
- The medication must be clearly marked with the child’s name, class and dosage in the original container from the chemist.
- The medication must be stored in the fridges in medical rooms if needed.
- A named person will be responsible for supervising the child taking the medication; this will usually be the Welfare Assistant.
- Only prescribed medication may be brought into school. Therefore over the counter remedies such as paracetamol (Calpol/Nurofen) and cough medicines should not be brought into school. This also includes cough/throat sweets.
Please click on this link for a copy of the Medical Form, this is only for prescribed medicines. Prescribed Medicine Form to be completed by parent of carer
To read the full policy please click here Medicine in School Policy