The Enhanced VbE School Quality Mark recognises an existing Quality Mark school’s ‘more profound and wide-ranging use of Values-based Education in improving the quality of provision and practice for pupils across the school or setting’.
The award recognises and acknowledges:
- The continuation and further development of outstanding practice as a Values-based school.
- The furtherance of the school’s commitment to Values-based Education as a transformational approach to schooling and improvement.
- High aspirations of a culture of continuous improvement.
- Commitment to creativity and innovation in the pursuit of excellence for all its pupils.
- The school as a leader for local or nationally-based organisation in this field.
We are particularly proud to be the first school nationally to be awarded the enhanced level of this award.
Our value of the Month of June is Generosity
In the centre of Vilnius; Lithuania, a beautiful sculpture of an apple stands. The sculpture depicts half an apple with a golden shining heart inside.
This artwork is dedicated to kindness, generosity and help. The apple is engraved with over eighty family names of notable Lithuanians who were and are engaged in charity and social work. The names include historical Lithuanian personalities dating back to XVI century as well as current benefactors.
As the sculptor of this piece once said; ‘This apple is just a small sign of honour for all those kind hearted people. Each of them deserves a separate book written about all the good work he or she has done for many people. The sculpture is beautiful but it becomes magnificent when you know the story behind it’.