The Enhanced VbE School Quality Mark recognises an existing Quality Mark school’s ‘more profound and wide-ranging use of Values-based Education in improving the quality of provision and practice for pupils across the school or setting’.
The award recognises and acknowledges:
- The continuation and further development of outstanding practice as a Values-based school.
- The furtherance of the school’s commitment to Values-based Education as a transformational approach to schooling and improvement.
- High aspirations of a culture of continuous improvement.
- Commitment to creativity and innovation in the pursuit of excellence for all its pupils.
- The school as a leader for local or nationally-based organisation in this field.
We are particularly proud to be the first school nationally to be awarded the enhanced level of this award.
Our value for the month of April is Fairness
This photograph was taken by a school girl called Anum Rehman in Pakistan. She stated that: ‘this photo illustrates both fairness and its opposite. The fairness aspect is that the person inside the door helped this beggar by giving her food. But its opposite is that they left her outside, instead of finding out about her problems and trying to solve them. Instead, they leave her to beg again.’
With the difficulties and uncertainty that we are all facing at the current time, fairness is a value which we must all try to embrace. We would like to wish our wonderful Eversley community happiness and health during these turbulent times.