The Enhanced VbE School Quality Mark recognises an existing Quality Mark school’s ‘more profound and wide-ranging use of Values-based Education in improving the quality of provision and practice for pupils across the school or setting’.
The award recognises and acknowledges:
- The continuation and further development of outstanding practice as a Values-based school.
- The furtherance of the school’s commitment to Values-based Education as a transformational approach to schooling and improvement.
- High aspirations of a culture of continuous improvement.
- Commitment to creativity and innovation in the pursuit of excellence for all its pupils.
- The school as a leader for local or nationally-based organisation in this field.
We are particularly proud to be the first school nationally to be awarded the enhanced level of this award.
Our value for the Month of January is Compassion
This is a painting called Emmie and her Child by American impressionist Mary Cassatt. Cassatt represents the mother’s maternal compassion sympathetically in oil paint and pastel. The artwork features a mother and her child, showing her compassionate side as she cradles her boy. He is relaxed as he gazes out at something off-canvas. The child naturally rests his right hand on his mother’s chin, enjoying the close relationship. He is relaxed; feeling secure in the presence of his mother as she looks down compassionately at him, her hug offering comfort.