The Enhanced VbE School Quality Mark recognises an existing Quality Mark school’s ‘more profound and wide-ranging use of Values-based Education in improving the quality of provision and practice for pupils across the school or setting’.
The award recognises and acknowledges:
- The continuation and further development of outstanding practice as a Values-based school.
- The furtherance of the school’s commitment to Values-based Education as a transformational approach to schooling and improvement.
- High aspirations of a culture of continuous improvement.
- Commitment to creativity and innovation in the pursuit of excellence for all its pupils.
- The school as a leader for local or nationally-based organisation in this field.
We are particularly proud to be the first school nationally to be awarded the enhanced level of this award.
Our value for the Month for May is Self Belief
Chisel Your Self – Be the architect of your own future. This sculpture shows a man chiseling and molding himself out of a block of stone. He is making himself into the person he wants to be; he has strength of mind and strength of character. He has such self belief that he is confident to carve himself into the person he would like to be.
The message is one of individuality, self-actualization and self-determination. I feel the sculpture encourages us to be ‘self made’.
It acts as a reminder that everyone has a choice as to how they use their talents to be productive and creative in their lives at school, at home and at play; if we believe in ourselves, we can be whoever we want to be.
‘Chisel Yourself’ invites us to take some time to reflect upon our ‘sculpture’ as it is right now. How are we creating ourselves and developing ourselves from who we are now, to the person we could be in the future? It is all up to us and if we have self belief, anything could be possible!